Thursday, September 2, 2010

I have always said…

fine-line
but the bigger question begs to be answered, “how do you know when it’s the Lord speaking to you or your own little voices in your head. I'm not talking about being crazy here, but Do You KNOW?

I like to play "connect the dots" spiritually. You may be wondering, "what does that mean?" Well, I'll tell you. When I'm struggling with something that I've been praying about I like to look around me to see if the Lord is speaking through the every day activities of my life. It may be a particular scripture, a message I hear on the radio, a song playing in my car, or something I experience in nature. God performs the extraordinary through the ordinary and I think that due to the busyness of our lives we often miss the miracles or just pass them off as coincidence. You are probably wondering where I'm going with all this nonsensical chatter, right? Right! So I'll just get to my point...in a round about way.

Many of you know that I have a love/hate relationship with my job, which by the way, I'm sure many of you do too. But, I have always said that if my hubby was ever called back to Boeing I would quit work that very same day. Some time in June I was on my way home from work, tears streaming down my face, and asking the Lord, "How long, Lord? How long do I have to carry this cross?" And as I pulled into the gas station I got a call from hubby. "Guess what?" says he. "I don't know", says I. "I just came home and found a letter in the mail and I've been recalled, I start in July." I felt a flood of relief wash over me and felt that my prayer had been answered.
We had just finished reading the account of David & Goliath and there were two points that stood out.
1. Saul, the king of Israel, sent a boy out to do a mans job and 2. David didn't have his eyes on the circumstances before him, he had his eyes on his LORD. The LORD of Hosts...the God of Israel. He knew that this giant was an enemy of God and God was going to use a young boy to destroy His enemy.

So hubby and I sat down and weighed the pros and cons and upon further investigation we found out that the deal wasn't as rosy as we had originally thought. But we decided to take a leap of faith over the edge of reason and jumped...head first. Two months into his job the rumors start to fly that there's going to be a lay-off mid September...HELLO!!!! We just got back here!!! So we shall see what the next few months bring, but whatever happens to be around the corner, I know that the Lord will be there too.

Oh, and by the way, I'm still at my job.

Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.


1 Peter 5:6 & 7

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Oh Cori, I am so very sorry. Sometimes it is so very hard to wait on the Lord, but we both know that He always is at our side. Lifting you in prayer never ceasing. All my love, Deb

ellen b. said...

Thanks for sharing this and your ups and downs. I will pray that God will make a way for you...

Dena said...

I loved this post. Thank you for sharing what you are experiencing because it spoke to my heart. I'll be praying for you.

Hugs,
Dena