Tuesday, February 8, 2011

If it’s not this, it’ll be something else!!!

 

glitterrose2

I’m sure you’ve all begun to give up on me, but please don’t give up yet.
I’ve had computer issues, wireless issue, Live Writer issues, and just plain old issues in life. But sometimes that how life is, as I’m sure you well know.

Are you a Super Bowl person or are you one of the strange ones, like myself, who could really care less about the game? My hubby wanted desperately to go to someone’s house for the Super Bowl, so when his sister invited us to her place he jumped at the chance.
Me, not being a football person thought, “what am I going to do while they’re all glued to the TV?” What do you think I did? In case you couldn’t guess, I brought along my laptop so I could play with Photoshop. So, before leaving the house I dumped all my pictures from my camera onto my computer.

glitterrose Much to my horror I discovered that I hadn’t downloaded any pictures since the middle of December.

glitterrose5

That’s awful especially for a girl who never leaves home without her camera tucked safely in her bag.

glitterrose3 Anyway, these were the pictures that I decided to play with. Sometime way back in December, my friend Nancy and I went to a Craft Fair that was held at Christy Repasy’s home. It was a lovely day and a lovely event with many talented artists.

glitterrose4

And it looks like she’ll be having another event in the month of March.

So, where have I been? Well, I’ve been going to school, getting over a month long cough, and trying to get my poor garden back to its normal beautiful self. Which it hasn’t been for quite some time…
due to the fact that I had a job…
which I no longer have…
YIPPEEEEE!!!!!!
Still basking in the beauty of knowing I don’t have to go to work.
At least for a few more years.

What’s going on in your life, I would love to know!!

xoxo cori

14 comments:

ellen b. said...

Hi Cori G!
I wouldn't miss the Superbowl except for if Seattle was playing. I do like the comraderie and the food.
Glad you thought to take your laptop to the game. Lovely shots...

Just A Girl said...

Hello Ellen B. I find it funny that you don't like Seattle. Are those the Sea Hawks? That's how much I know about football ;-).

xoxo

pam said...

Hi Cori...I actually watched the game this year...not sure why. Celebrating with you over no work for now...seems like school would be enough. And garden work....ahhhhh. I have always loved snow but I so look forward to Spring this year....hungry for the green!

Just A Girl said...

Yay Pam!! Another non-football person in the world. I knew I liked you!!!! We have been having sunny days with very warm temperatures, but I think I'd love to see some of your snow ;-).
xoxo

Dee said...

Hi Cori,
I actually watched the game with my son, it was a very good game;however, if I had something better to do that night, I could have been easily persuaded away. Lovely photos!

One Shabby Old House said...

Hello my friend,
So glad to find you here today. I have taken several blogging breaks myself but will try to get back to it as well. It will be nice to find you as I make my rounds.
Hugs
Becky

Martha said...

Great photos!

Deborah said...

Oh Cori, these are lovely. Swoonalicious, I tell ya! Me...not a football fan. I was only a pom pom girl to wear the short skirts and bounce around! **kisskiss** Deb

Seawashed said...

I didn't watch the superbowl either. My men(hubby & sons) went to superbowl parties, so I had the quiet cottage all to myself! I will be taking the skinny mini photoshop class by Kim Klassen next week so I can finally learn how to use my photoshop!

I have thought about going back to college to finish my Art degree...see half way through college I changed majors and got my B.A in HOme Economics(foods & nutrition). What are you going back to college for?

I am still very happy remaining Home full-time. I realized even though others would not consider that I ever did anything with my degree because I have not made any money, I have done exactly what I got my degree in...I have been a Home Economist for 22 yrs. I also Home educated my four children for 15 yrs. and they are now honor students with career goals in college and H.S. But I am now pursueing my art again and trying to open an Etsy shop...if that goes well, I can remain home where my heart is.

Just A Girl said...

Hi Becky,
It's so nice to see you dropped by to say hello. I think sometimes a break from blogging is a good thing, but I'm glad you're back and I'm glad to be back. I look forward to seeing what's up in your world.

Dearest Fairmaiden, I still like to call you Fairmaiden of the King. I think you'll really enjoy your photoshop class and will learn so much that you can use with your art, if you so choose. AND, I don't think you should let anyone tell you that you haven't done anything with your education. I always dreamed of staying home and being a mom, but the Lord had other plans for me and that's OK too. You have the hardest, but most rewarding job of all...staying home and nurturing young souls that grow up to be wonderful talented adults ;-).

Martha, thanks for the complement on my photos. They were a lot of fun to tweak.

Darling Deb...hee hee!!!

xoxo

compostgirl said...

I hate all things football. My husband always goes to a Superbowl party, but my daughters and I stay home and watch the Puppy Bowl on the Animal Planet channel! My daughters and I love to listen to the music on your blog. I bring up you page and turn up the volume - lovely. The pictures are beautiful. Hope you are enjoying school!

Just A Girl said...

Hi Compost Girl, I went over to your profile page to say "Hi", but you have no blog ;-(. Anyhow, thanks for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment...I'm glad you're enjoying my music selection. Are you planning on opening a blog soon?
xoxo Cori

compostgirl said...

Hello, Cori. I've thought of blogging and have a friend who blogs
(soapmomskitchen.blogspot.com). But my life is so busy with a 19-year-old daughter on the autism spectrum and an 11-yr.-old who gets way too much homework, etc. I don't know how you do it, truthfully! Your blog is just beautiful.

Deanna said...

Hi Cori,
glad to see you are doing well. I'm currently taking down all of my Christmas decor..(hanging head.) I want to start really decorating my new home as I haven't had a chance to do so since we moved in. I know it will be a lot of fun so I can't wait!

Deanna :D