Friday, October 9, 2009

Darling Deborah Day, October 8, 2009



Words, words, words. I never have the right words to express just how I feel. I am really a woman of few words so when I have a wonderful award bestowed on me, I'm pretty much speechless...as I am now.

There are so many wonderful women out there in Bloglandia and every now and then you stumble upon one who you feel like you've known all your life. Even though you live hundreds of miles away you can feel their heart, hear their laughter, and just the thought of visiting with them brightens your day. My friend Darling Deb is just one of those women and this lovely award was created just for her by the EVER TALENTED Ces. Have you visited Ces and seen her amazing artwork? If not, you should! You are definetly missing out on her delightful visual feasts.
Anywho, like I said before, this award was created especially for Darling Deb and she has passed it on to me as well as some other wonderful women. Below I stole from Deb who stole from Ces a breif explanation of just what this award symbolizes.

“So today I am planting another tree. The Quercus shumardii or Shumard Oak. It is a handsome large tree with straight axis and broad, rounded open crown. It withstands strong hurricane winds, extreme heat, is tall and straight and just plain beautiful. I have more trees to plant but rest assured those who have virtual trees and acorns planted and distributed in their honor have one common virtue, they are loyal friends regardless of race, creed, political affiliations and geography. Here, I honor womanhood and friendship and there is nothing more wondrous a blessing for anyone than for a friend who came and never left your side.”
Friendship isn't about who you have known the longest,
but who came and never left your side.

I met Deb about a year ago and have been blessed day after day by her love, generosity, and sweet sassiness. She is a true sisterfriend who I adore with all my heart. Thank you Deb for choosing to be in my life.


Now the award needs to be passed on to some other wonderful women who I adore.


Darling Deb I'm passing this back to you ;-).
Rooty toot Rhonda Roo
Our beloved Fanciful friend Vanessa
& my wonderful friend Ellen B. 


Ladies, I can not tell you how I've been blessed by all your wonderful, zany, personalities and I consider each of you a sisterfriend (Ces coined that word, cute huh?)

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Oh Look!!! I'm all over the blogs!!! Everything you said, right back at cha. **blows kisses**
Deb

Anonymous said...

You know, just when I'm forgetting to remember, and I'm sayin why me, or feeling all whiney or sorry for myself just cuz work is a bear, or I'm not feeling good, things happen just at the right time, to remind me that life is a precious gift from God, there are angels among us, and it's all greater than good, and I have zero reasons to bellyache!
You, and Deb and Vanessa and Ces are truly inspirations, and i think maybe, my angels on earth. I'm not sure why the one upstairs decided to spread us out across the USA like we are, but maybe it was that infinite wisdom: if we were all in the same place, the world just might tilt on its axis or there may be an explosion of happiness and love that would make a nuclear bomb look like a birthday candle!
I think you speak your thoughts beautifully and sweetly and sincerely, most incredibly wonderful Cori G, and I'm darnit, well now I'm cryin' a lil bit again, like I did when I read Darlin Deb's post!
Thank you and OF COURSE the feeling, sisterfriend is as mutual as if it were sent from heaven!
XOXOXOXOXO
LOVE YOU TOO!!

ellen b. said...

Well lookie here I totally missed this before. Thank you Cori G!