Sunday, October 25, 2009

To him that overcometh...


I will give to eat of the tree of life.

Revelation 2:7

Oh that I might stand for Christ in the crisis! Jim Elliott, martyred missionary to the Auca Indians, prayed at the age of 20: "Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road; make me a fork that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me." It reflects a spirit too often lacking in modern day Christians, although it must have been rather widespread among the early followers of Jesus. At least some of them turned their world upside down (Acts 17:6). Lord, make me to stand tall in the crisis. The failure is not with God, it is with me!

Taken from the book: Today, LORD, I Will

6 comments:

Deborah said...

That is very powerful, and very pertinent in the world today, where no one wants to take a stand...all that silly politically correctiveness...needs to be corrected, yes? All my love to you, my friend. **blows kisses** Deb

Deborah said...

P.S. I LOVE the little digital you made for the Sunday Mornings...wee little pumpkins, yummy autumn colors. You are The Cleverist, yes you are.

ellen b. said...

Have a glorious day Cori!

Marye said...

Thanks Cori! Home with a headache today...and this blessed me. :)

Deanna said...

Cori,
this was lovely and I needed it today. Your blog is such a jewel and I feel so good when I visit you here.

Hugs,
Deanna

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

That beautifulness coupled with the music to pride and prejudice just sent me out of my body and through the treeeeeees!!! xoxox