Monday, October 19, 2009

Sunrise over the San Juan's

san-juans-1

Watching the sun
Watching it come
Watching it come up over the rooftops.

san-juans-2

Cloudy and warm
Maybe a storm
You can never quite tell
From the morning.

san-juans-3

And it's going to be a day
There is really no way to say no
To the morning.
Yes it's going to be a day
There is really nothing left to
Say but Come on morning.

san-juans-4

Waiting for mail
Maybe a tale
From an old friend
Or even a lover.
Sometimes there's none
But we have fun
Thinking of all who might
Have written.

san-juans-5

And maybe there are seasons
And maybe they change
And maybe to love is not so strange.
The sounds of the day
They hurry away
Now they are gone until tomorrow.
When day will break
And you will wake
And you will rake your hands
Across your eyes
And realize

san-juans-6

That it's going to be a day
There is really no way to say no
To the morning.
Yes it's going to be a day
There is really nothing left to say but
Come on morning.

Lyrics: Dan Fogelberg

10 comments:

Deborah said...

Oh Cori, what glorious photos.
Dan Folgelberg...what a beautiful man...missed dearly. Nighty night, my dear friend. Love, Deb

Deanna said...

Cori,
I loved this post. Perfect for this morning as I head out to work. I'm glad to be back and it makes me feel so good to be welcomed back so lovingly by you all.

Deanna :D

Elena_Valeriote said...

The pictures are very pretty and I just LOVE those lyrics... It's so perfect. And the exact thing I'd like to wake up to.

Miss Gracie's House said...

I like this!
Rene'

Beverly said...

The photos and the lyrics are glorious. We have so much for which to be thankful.

ellen b. said...

Beautiful shots Cori G! You are making me homesick :0)

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

oooh, I sort of want to eat the sky in all these photos!

debra@dustjacket said...

Wonderful photos!

Your comment made me laugh, you're so sweet.
xxx

Seawashed said...

Beautiful morning. Divine fog laying gently on the land and water.



PS Just so you know, I did get well from the last cold I had, but another keeps trying to come... I keep sipping tea, resting and eating chewable vit C's and it goes away. No need to go to the Doc. He would just tell me to stay home, rest, drink water, and be healthy.

Anonymous said...

Super beauty-mous story and pictures....
Good ole Dan F....
XOXOXOXOX