Before all the craziness of the Holidays began my beloved Rooty toot Rhonda Roo gave me so many awards that I had to put them all in a nice little wicker basket. Oops…please forgive me Darling Deb as you gave me the same awards just as I sent Milo off to Roo’s Treehouse and in my mournful state from losing my weence yellow bug boy I forgot to post. So you could say I have two baskets full ;-).
Along with these lovely and ever beloved awards from two of my fave bloggy buddies I have to post 10 honest things about me. Beloved Roo is looking for dirt, uhm, I mean interesting facts, or just facts…hee hee! So here we go:
1. This probably isn't the best thing to start with, but I suffer from road rage ;-O! OH Yes indeed! If you saw me on the road you'd think I was jockeying for position on the race track. While driving, my motto is: "Why be third when you can be second or better yet, "why be second when you can be first." I like to be the first one out of the gate and if you happen to be in front of me, beware because I'll squeeze out from behind, zoom past, and cut in front (of course I always wait till I'm a safe distance from your front bumper.
2. I can spend days and days doing housework. Weird, I know, but to me an uncluttered cottage is an uncluttered mind.
3. I have a dyslexic tongue which has caused me many embarrassing moments in life. Oh, and the brain is dyslexic too...I see things backwards and inside out or upside down when they're really right side up or facing forward.
4. I've taken a mechanical drafting course in college which is where I discovered I was dyslexic. Have you ever tried drawing a three-dimensional gear on the computer from the back side forward? It doesn't work... trust me, I know! OK, enough with the dyslexia.
5. I have a whole collection of lovely Brighton Handbags, but I carry everything in one of these. It’s a funny little bag I bought in Prescott last summer and just love it too pieces. Mu husband says that’s where I live…La-la Land…Pink Cottage on the left or is it the right?
6. I suffer from SAD (seasonal affectiveness disorder). Oh yes, there is such a thing as SAD and living in an old cottage like mine makes me that much “sadder.” This little dwelling has no overhead lighting, only ambient fixtures placed about the perimeter of the rooms. Each winter hubby and I go through the same routine… I go from room to room turning on every single light and he follows turning every one off. The light or lack of light makes me sad…isn’t that sad?
7. The furniture in my living room has been in the exact same place for the past 10 years. I do change the accessories from time to time, but not too often ;-).
8. You know those converter boxes that everyone had to get for their old TV’s? We hooked ours up and haven’t watched TV since. It’s hiding behind the bird screen in the living room as well as everything that wouldn’t fit in my newly reworked craft room. The screen has become my “New Black Hole.”
9. I’ve been wearing the same pair of flip-flops for the past three years, or is it four? I figure if the children of Israel wandered for forty years in the same pair of sandals I’d try and see how long mine would last…doing good so far ;-/.
10. I always plan our vacations around B&B’s that I want to stay in. They’re always Victorian and preferably decorated with antiques. It’s always so much fun to sit and sip coffee with perfect strangers.
Ok, I tried to make my 10 things short so ya’ll wouldn’t become bored to tears. Did it work? I hope so! Oh, if you read this post all the way to the very end please accept my basket of awards for yourself. If you do let me know so I can find out 10 honest things about you.