Sunday, May 18, 2008

My Insane Life!

This weekend has been one of those insane weekends and it's not over yet.
Friday morning my sweet hubby left for his men's retreat up in the mountains and I woke up to find my friend Elmo picking at his wound. I jumped out of bed and ran him into the bathroom to see what was going on. It had started bleeding again. Since my boss was out of town and I've turned into a total basket case I decided to take Elmo in to see her vet. I decided that I trust her judgement, she trusts his, so I'll trust his too!

Elmo and I went in for our visit visit and the Dr. said it had to come out. So I left my precious Elmo at the vet and went to see "Prince Caspian" to try and distract myself. What a wonderful movie! The graphics are amazing and of course all the children were delightful. I haven't read the book in about 20 years so I don't remember the exact story line but, I thought it was beautifully done. Monday after work I'll go see it with my husband.

During the movie someone called from the vets office and said Elmo was doing fine and made it through the surgery. THANK YOU LORD! Like I said, I am a basket case.

After picking him up from the vet I had to run to the grocery store to buy cookie mix for Saturdays event..."Festival 2008!" So at 9 o'clock p.m. I'm baking cookies in my kitchen with the leaky oven and it's 92 degrees in the house. I thought I was going to die! Not to mention the fact that I had a splitting headache.

Saturday morning I wake up to my husbands alarm that's set for 4 a.m. with the same splitting headache from the night before. I had to be up at 5:00 in order to be at my friends house by 6:30 in order to be in Pasadena at 7:30. I hope I haven't lost you.
We arrive at the location a little late because I left my 2nd set of directions on the dining room table while my first set was left on my work station at work. This is my life and it is insane!

By the time we arrived I had a full blown headache that no aspirin would cure and the heat was debilitating. By the time 12 o'clock rolled around I could barely move so my gracious co-workers gave me permission to go home and that's exactly what I did. I spent the rest of my day sleeping.

It's now Sunday morning and I have a million things that have to be done.
I have a little one year old cousin who's 1st birthday is today and I still haven't purchased a gift. What do you get a 1 year old? If she were 5 I'd know what to do but, 1.

Then my husband is coming home from retreat while I'm away at the birthday party and my house is a total mess. Usually when I come home from a retreat he has the house spotless. You would think I could show him the same courtesy.
Right this second I'm thinking that I should end this post and get back to house work and all that fun stuff.

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

No comments: