Wednesday, May 14, 2008



This is my little Friend Elmo. He may be small but, he's very brave! Every indistinguishable sound will send him running through the house with his head flung back barking at the top of his lungs. He loves to protect his territory. Actually, I'm not sure if he's protecting or if he's saying, "I'm here! I'm here! Come play with me PLEASE!

The other day I was home when the meter guy came into the back yard while both dogs were out there. I heard little Coco running and barking towards the house but no Elmo so I poked my head out the door and there he was dancing around the meter guys feet just as happy as can be.

This is my little guy who was supposed to have surgery but he didn't.
After leaving the vet with a breakdown of what the surgery would cost I was horrified. I was given two "estimates." One was for the best possible care and the other was for mediocre care. If I wanted the best care for my furry friend it was going to cost me 1200 dollar. But, if I wanted to give him the mediocre care I'd pay only 650 dollars. OI VEY!

So I panicked and called my boss. She's an Indian woman who was a Dr. in India and came to America intending to get her liscence here but, the Lord had other things for her to do. Now she practises Midwifery and from what I've been told she's the best.
Anyway, she looked at the bill, looked at Elmo and said that his abcess was minor. She cleaned it out and packed it with her wonder antibiotic and said to keep it clean. Do I trust this woman? WITH MY LIFE! So I decided to trust her with my dog.
Elmo is doing beautifully and his wound is closing up nicely.
He hasn't missed a single creak or sound through the whole thing.

3 comments:

Seawashed said...

I am so glad to hear Elmo is doing well. How wonderful that God provided a Dr. friend whom knew how to care for his needs. I think you do the right thing!

The J.R. Miller Quote is very helpful for us at this time. I will write it down and ponder, meditate, and ask the LORd to write this upon my heart. Bless you my friend.

Tara said...

Cori

Good for you that you had someone you trusted to ruen to! A friend of mine has doggie insurance to the tune of sixty dollars a month-yikes!

Hope Elmo heals quickly!

Willow said...

Hi Cori G,
Thanks for visiting my blog! Ellen and I do have a lot of fun together.
The dog hair: just a man who loves his dog (and regularly brushes it) and a granddaughter who loves her grandpa and a lady (that would be me) who loves the granddaughter (who is her daughter's very dear friend).