Monday, September 7, 2009

 
I had a lovely time at Roger's Gardens the other day and when I came home I found a stow-away. This is Miss Emily Pumpkinhead and how she ended up in my basket I do not know, but since she did I decided to adopt her. These things happen to me all the time. I'll come home from being out and about only to find a bag of goodies laying on the table when I get home. Hubby always asks, "what's in the bag?" and I reply, "I have no idea!" I always say, "It's a dangerous thing stepping out my front door!" Actually I think it was Bilbo Baggins who originally said that, but I do enjoy quoting him from time to time.
 
The garden's were beautiful and filled with so many autumn colors. Everywhere you looked there were giant waves of pumpkins ranging for the weencest in size to the largest. 
Every available planter was toppling over with pumpkins.
I took a lot of pictures, but none of them turned out very well so I thought I would leave the images to your imagination ;-).
 
There were also these huge urns outside the basement that were overflowing with ghost pumpkins. I almost felt sorry for the little Putti who was trying to keep them from toppling to the ground, although, he is only a statue so how bad can one really feel?
Anyhow, today is Labor Day and we don't have any exciting plans for the day other then to labor out in the gardens and possibly get some sewing project completed before my work week begins.
I hope you all have a wonderful restful Labor Day!  

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Oh I LoVe!!! Is that a velvet pumpkin I see and did you make and if so SEND ME THE TUTORIAL please and thank you! I am SO ready to put out my Halloween decorations! I think I just might. **blows kisses** Deb

ellen b. said...

Hello Cori G! We are laying low at the condo recuperating from 2 days of fun. Glad you enjoyed the Gardens and found your stowaway and gave it a home. Have a good Labor Day!!
We didn't spend the night in Cambria but we thought it would be a nice place to stay overnight...