Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Letter J

Welcome to another Thursday of ABC's of the Word!


Set me as a seal upon your heart,
As a seal upon your arm;
For love is as strong as death,

Jealousy as cruel as the grave;
Its flames are flames of fire,
A most vehement flame.


Many waters cannot quench love,
Nor can the floods drown it.
If a man would give for love
All the wealth of his house,
It would be utterly despised.

Song of Solomon 8: 6 & 7

For more ABC's of the Word stop by and visit our wonderful Hostess Pam at Grey Like Snuffie and help us stir up God's Word in our hearts.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How powerful...

It has me thinking... that's why I love these post!!!

Have a blessed day!!!
Natalie

pam said...

Oh sweet Cori...words rightly spoken to my heart tonight.

ellen b. said...

Hello Cori G!
Here we are at J already! I have to ponder this passage you are sharing. Not to swift my after 9 brain :0)
We'll have to plan a get together soon to debrief in person :0)
We head back to LAX on Sunday...so many things to do before then!

Yolanda said...

Always learning.....

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Serious words here...many which take away our love and joy. Great pick!!

In His Graces~Pamela

Anonymous said...

Cori, you have such nuggets from Song of Solomon and it has been a long time since I have really gotten into that book.

My cat is named Solomon...he came to us already named, we are his third owners on this street. I sometimes wonder when he will move on to the next family.

Kathy b

Peggy said...

Blessings Cori...Such a loving & powerful verse from the Song of Solomon!

May these words speak to each heart as you share and bless us! Thanks!

luvmy4sons said...

Great pic. You don't see Song of Solomon quoted often! Blessings to you!