Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Tangible Love

Lift your eyes and look upon Me. For though you have forgotten Me, I have not forgotten you. While you have busied yourself with your daily occupations, I have still been occupied with you.
When your mind has been captured by the affairs of life, My thoughts have been of you.

My little children, you cannot weary My love. You may grieve My heart, but My love is changeless, infinite. I long for you to return to Me. My hands are full of blessings that I desire to give to you. I long to hear your voice. You speak much with others--oh, speak to Me! I have so much to tell you.

I am not a remote power: I am an intimate person, even as you are. Have you forgotten that I made you in My own image and likeness? It is not that I am as you, but you are like Me. Do not let material and physical elements destroy your comprehension of Me as a person.

"Touch Me and handle Me," I said to Thomas (John 20:27). To you I say: Cast yourself upon Me; pour your love out to Me. You will discover that I am as tangible to you as I was to Thomas. Reach forth your hand, and lay it upon My broken heart. Yes, take hold of My nail-pierced hand. Now, can you still doubt my love?

Taken from the book: "Come Away My Beloved" from Frances J. Roberts

7 comments:

Deborah said...

Wow. That is beautiful.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

That was a beautiful passage Cori! I love the quote by Mark Twain below also. Much needed soothing comforting thoughts for today!

Hugs, Pat

Allidink said...

What a nice excerpt! Thanks for sharing.

All the best,
Allison

pam said...

How wonderful!

Tara said...

Hi Dear Cori

Thank you so much for the award, it means so much to me...I love how your kitchen has turned out, so very cozy! And leaving your church is a personal decision...there's a Tennyson poem that says God can be found under the branches of two meeting trees, that can be a church too...I really believe you need to be where you feel super comfortable!

:0)
Tara

PS--best music ever here--I left it on with my natures sounds and the house sounded great! Hee-hee!

Simply Iowa said...

Simply Beautiful...
You are a very soulful person...
'til next time,
Barb C

Anonymous said...

That is just wonderful... Thanks so much for sharing!!

Hugs!!!

Natalie