Friday, October 24, 2008

In search of Pink Tulle Petticoats


Last weeks search for Pink led my friend Kathy and I down to Long Beach where we drove around frantically searching for Pink. Well, maybe not quite "frantically," but we did have to search for quite some time. On our way back to the freeway I spied a pile of tulle petticoats lying in front of a vintage clothing store, but we were too tired to circle around the block and look for parking so I decided I would just go back the following week...that's today, which by tomorrow would have been yesterday (Friday)!

This time it was my sweet friend and twin "Fiffer Lou" who accompanied me down to the beach in search of pink. We circled 4th street up and down then down and up until Fiffer Lou spotted the coveted petticoats lined up on the sidewalk outside of a small thrift store.
Parking in Long Beach will cost you unless you're willing to park in a neighborhood and walk to where ever you are headed. So that's what we did. The neighborhood we were in was pretty colorful with lots of local flavor and interesting characters.
OK, it was a bit sketchy, but we were on a mission.
When we finally found the store we walked in and were pleasantly surprised to find that the dressing room doors were made from old Philco Refrigerator doors and the center one was the perfect shade of Pink. I decided to be brave and ask the young lady behind the desk if it was OK for me to take a picture and she gave me the sweetest smile and said yes.
I have to say that I was tickled Pink.

Are these the most darling and creative dressing room doors you've ever seen?
I was so enamored with them that I forgot all about the pink tulle petticoat, but then really...what is a 46 year old woman going to do with a pink petticoat anyway? I certainly can't wear it out in public! My friends think I dress strangely as it is.

To get more pink stop by Beverly's Blog: How Sweet the Sound and you'll find more pink posts to enjoy. Happy Pink Weekend!

21 comments:

Stacey said...

YES YES! Wear your pink petticoat in public! Why not? And those dressing room doors... absolutely the coolest things. I love your post. Happy Pink Saturday! :-) Stacey

pam said...

Oh, I was waiting to see the petticoats, but those fridge doors are GREAT--very creative.

ellen b. said...

Good morning Cori! Those are the coolest dressing room doors I've ever seen. Someone really was thinking outside the box :0)
We're headed to Santa Barbara to where it's cooler today!!

gbloom studio said...

Happy Pink Saturday, I love the pictures. petticoats in general are very hard to find especially pink.
smiles,
Gina

SmilingSally said...

What a fun shop! Thanks for sharing. I have a book giveaway. See my sidebar to enter. Happy Pink Saturday!

Gabriela said...

Happy Pink Saturday!

Love, love your PINK post!

~ Gabriela ~

Glennis said...

What a cool idea!! What's the name of this place? It's time for a trip down to Long Beach!

Betty said...

That is soooo cute! How creative! I'd love to visit that store. Have a wonderful pink weekend!

Beverly said...

Oh my gosh! How cool are those doors?!!! I love them. Great share, Cori.

Happy Pink Saturday.

One Shabby Old House said...

That was the most clever idea I have seen in awhile. Of course it is from CA the state of the creative! I love the old petticoats too. They are teasing me right now altho I have not seen any yet in shops.
I think I might wear one. I think they would be so cute.
When you get one will you take a picture of yourself in it and post it? We all must see.
Hugs

Becky

Leslie said...

Love those fridge doors! How creative! Happy Pink Saturday!

Virginia said...

Great post!Those are the coolest dressing rooms.Love them!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Blessings, Virginia

Sherri said...

What a hoot! So many clever people. I would have never come up with that. And I say if you wanna wear a pink petticoat, wear a pink petticoat.

said...

The dressing room door is fabulous.

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Those doors are awesome!

Patricia said...

Oh this is so wonderful and you had a great time doing this. I just love this post. Happy Pink Saturday. ( I think this post should be on CNN )!!!
Patricia
http://theunfinishedflower.typepad.com/

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Cori, I love the old refrigerator doors! And to find a pink one....priceless!
Happy Pink Saturday,
Love, Ann

Moorea said...

I stopped by to see what pinks you found! You lucked out- those doors are so cute. I am thinking about how I can get a good picture of my pink bedroom, I will work on that so I can post something pink for you :0)

Love, Moorea

Grandma Faith said...

What a terrific find for Pink Saturday! Those are the most unusual dressing room doors I have ever seen.

Margie said...

Oh yeah, they are soooooooo coool! How very clever, and the colors are so perfect!

Have a lovely week!
Margie :0)

KatCollects said...

What great dressing room doors, so fun!!!
Kathy