Sunday, September 21, 2008

Isaiah 30:18

And therefore will the Lord wait, that He may be gracious unto you, and therefore will He be exalted, that He may have mercy on you: for the Lord is a God of judgment: blessed are all they that wait for Him.

Isaiah 30:18

Waiting is a real discipline for me. Tarrying in calmness until God speaks to me is not one of my virtues! For me waiting requires a higher order of faith than does action. After I've done my part if God seems slack in putting things in motion, I find my faith "strangely tested." I need to learn that waiting is a natural and necessary part of spiritual growth. I must remember that my silence can honor God as well as my speech. My restful repose is just as important as my activity. Patient preparation to act is more vital than hasty and ill-conceived actions. Such faith, such calm patience, never loses its reward. "Blessed are all they that wait for Him.

Taken from my favorite book: "Today, Lord, I Will"

5 comments:

ellen b. said...

Boy can I relate to that since I'm an "action" kind of person. I need Him to help me rest and wait :0)
Have a wonderful Sunday Cori! Did you bring your new car home already? Yes that's the door to the former church/B&B but it's still for sale and not open for business...

Beverly said...

Like that old saying - Patience is a virtue. We do have much to learn while waiting.

Thanks for sharing.

Kathy said...

Waiting, patience, calmness, a trusting faith??? Why are they so difficult to attain when we so genuinely desire them in our lives? You are not alone, my friend, in your struggles! Wonderful verse and notes, Cori. You encourage me often with your insight!
Kathy

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

A beautful refection as always, Cori! Waiting is not a grace I'm good at either, but I'm learning all the time.
Happy autumn!
Hugs, Pat

Nancy J said...

Patient preparation...I like that! It reminds me of two sisters who might have learned a lot from each other.