Friday, January 30, 2009

The magic of the color Pink



I was at the Magic Kingdom yesterday...last week...two weeks ago...I don't remember when, but I decided that my mission was to search for Pink. It wasn't very hard to find as it was everywhere! Including all the little pink princesses running hither and yon. The castle was illuminated with a soft pink light that glowed against the gloomy grey sky.



They have a new window display filled with packages topped with huge pink bows...
and blue. They had one for every occasion.



I love this lamp post with the ribbons, cones, and flowers. I couldn't decide what the theme was...is it Valentines or dog bones? It seems an odd combination, but the Disney seems to be able to get away with anything.



The divine little petit fours in the window display...
they look good enough to eat, don't they?



Disney always has the best toilet paper signs...
and I love this one with the Gibson girl in her flowered bonnet.



There was one in the mens room as well! Minus the pink of course.



Pink and brown are my favorite color combinations and I just loved this package with the brown paper bag with the cousin tag dangling from the big pink bow. I took this picture for my cousin Rebekah (hi Rebekah) who I'll be seeing later this evening and wait until you see what I've made for dessert! The most delicious rich chocolate cream pie in the world...with a twist, but I'll be posting about that Sunday evening.

These were just a few of the pink delightful objects I found along the way so if you're looking for more pink stop over and visit Beverly at: How Sweet the Sound and check out her long list of PINK. Remember: Pink it's not just a color, it's an attitude! I think Ell Woods coined that term.

OK, I know that some of you are wondering how I took the bathroom sign from the mens room...right? I'm not going to tell :).

19 comments:

bj said...

Ummm, love all this pink..and, yes, as I read it, I wondered how you got that photo in the men's room...tee hee...
Good Pink Post,
bj

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Great pink pictures! We love the Happiest Place on Earth, but haven't been in February -- I love all of the Valentine's decorations!

Thanks for letting me stop by!

Jen

Tara said...

Cori'

WHat wonderful pink sights for us today!

Stacey said...

What a wonderful pink post! Happy Pink Saturday! I love the window display with the petit fours (of course, pink food would draw my attention!). What fun!

Cheers! :-) Stacey

ellen b. said...

Disneyland Pink is so much fun! Those petit fours are so sweet. I think I took that same photo of the Angel soft bath tissue :0)
Hope you are having loads of fun today!!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

HAPPY PINK SATURDAY Cori!

You are so lucky to live near Disney Land! I'd love to be able to go there someday.

I love petit fours and woudd have liked to eat each and every one :-)

Hugs, Pat

Moorea said...

Pink! Disneyland! Fun! I really like the pink lights on the castle, I have only seen them in blue. The pettit fours look delicious. I have always wanted to learn make them, it looks complicated though. Happy pink day to you Cori G.

~Mo

Beverly said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Cori. I had the last link you used in my post, but I have corrected it. I'll try to do better next time.

I have never been to Disneyland, but I have been to Disney World many times. The Magic Kingdom is one of my favorite places. It really is magical, isn't it?

CC said...

I loved it all, but that window housing the petit fours was my favorite. They were so pretty. Happy Pink Saturday and have a wonderful week..

Anonymous said...

It all looks so yummy pink! And WARM!!! Tired of winter already. Happy Pink Saturday.

Lady Katherine said...

Love the lamp posts! The signs! The petit fours, Oh how I love them! Have not made them in yours! Think I just my just try, and have a tea party! Thanks for the inspiration.

Lady Katherine said...

I have been trying hard to figure how I can slip pink in to my home, that hubby would be ok with, pink and brown. Love it.

Simply Debbie said...

HAPPY PINK SATURDAY, CORI,
WHAT PRETTY PINKS YOU HAVE POSTED
THIS IS MY FIRST PINK SATURDAY. ACTUALLY I AM A NEW BLOGGER AND HAVE MET SOME AWESOME WOMEN. I LOVE YOUR BLOG.
IF YOU HAVE TIME I WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO STOP BY AND HAVE A CUP OF TEA AND CHAT.
BLESSINGS
debbie

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

Hi Cori, Your pink post are very magical. Love it! Thinking Pink..

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

Hi Cori, Your pink post are very magical.. Thinking Pink. Have a wonderful day.

JudyBug said...

Love your pic pictures. I've never been there but now...I just may want to go for all the PINK!

LADY JANE said...

Thanks for sharing that...sigh ...the only way I get to disney is thru my blog...WHaaaaaa! I want to go see Mickey...and lol...run around in a pink princess crown!

Deanna said...

Hi Cori!
I knew I had been here before! I must have wandered here from BJ's blog!

I loved all of your Pinks! The lamp post is just lovely.

Glad that I found you again!
Deanna :)

Elaine said...

Love the post. Never been to the Magic Kingdom. Probably the only one in America who hasn't.

Nice to meet you, my first Pink Saturday.