Wednesday, January 21, 2009



We have a new cottage creation in the making and I thought I'd give you a sneak peek...although who knows how long it will take from concept to completion. Saturday morning sweet hubby and I enjoyed a cup of coffee while drawing up the plans and this is the end result. The upper portion will have glass doors, pink bead board for the interior with four shelves, and crown molding to finish the top. The lower will have wooden doors, two shelves, and a small bead running along the base. We used an old built-in from the turn of the century as inspiration...
after all, there's nothing new under the sun.



This is the corner where our new cupboard is going to be. Don't you just love the 50's style tile and cupboard hinges? One day...



My poor little cottage is low on cupboards so I have to find creative ways to store and hide groceries. It makes me wonder how a wife and mother of the 50's functioned in so poorly a designed space, but then she didn't have a microwave...oh, neither do I :).
Oops. It looks like some of the Christmas ornaments escaped on packing day.



All of these lovely little coffee mugs will make the journey to the Good Will store unless any of you would like to provide a good home for them.



Even my beloved pink bicycle is in the kitchen because there's no where to store her in the garage. Well, actually there is, but I couldn't stand the thought of her cute little pinkness being covered in sawdust. So here she sits where I can visit her everyday.
Well, as the work progresses I'll give you updates...I'm sure you're all dying to see how it turns out. Oh! Can you tell I have a thing for green and pink. It's a good thing hubby's color blind.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hubby and I have about 4 projects in the waiting to start stage... I wish you success on yours and looking forward to seeing the progress.
Just A Gal...

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I can't wait to see how it turns out, Cori! I could use more cupboard space too. I have to store a lot of my baking pans and kitchen extras in the basement.
Hugs, Pat

Kathy said...

Cori, your new cupboard is going to be fabulous! It will be even more special since it was designed by you, together with your sweet guy! Can't wait to see the finished product.
xo...Kathy

pam said...

Cori, I love that bike, it's curves are so wonderful. Hubby being color blind gave me a giggle.

ellen b. said...

Oh I'm really looking forward to seeing the end result!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cori,

Thanks for stopping by, and leaving the kind comment. I can't wait to see the end result, although I think it already looks great with what you have done.

Moorea said...

I can't wait to see it unfold. You & hubbs are so talented. Your pictures look like something out of a magazine, I really enjoy them.