Monday, March 16, 2009

Oh how I LoVe this adorable Cottage!



Sunday afternoon my sister-in-law, Donna stopped by as we were getting ready to leave for Long Beach to do some flying and dog walking. So she came along.

On our way home we drove through some of the old neighborhoods to show her some of the charming houses and one neighborhood in particular. The neighborhood is called Carol Park and is a collection of small Victorian Cottages and Craftsman Bungalows all within a tight little circle. The street is so narrow that two cars can't pass each other...I love that!
It just has a certain charm to it.

As we turned a corner this was what we saw.
My favorite cottage in all of California.
At least of the cottages I've seen :).



I drove past here several years ago when they first started roofing and I can't tell you how many times I've driven around looking for it, but was never able to find it...until Sunday.
Is this the most amazing roof you've ever seen? The roofer must live locally as there's another cottage not far from my house. And then there's another still, but I'll post about that later.



It looks like something straight out of a Faerie Tale.
I would love to know what the inside looks like, wouldn't you?



I left the pictures larger than usual so you can click on them to view the detail better.
Take a closer look at the peak of the roof. The detail work is so intricate.



If you'd like to design your own Story Book Cottage here's a fun website to explore:
Storybook Homes

Have fun planning your dream cottage!

13 comments:

Joanne Kennedy said...

How cute. Where is this cottage at? I would love to see it in person.

What did you mean by flying in Long Beach? Kites???

Hugs,
Joanne

Deborah said...

OMGoodness, I could just eat that cottage!!! The roof is incredible...talk about eye candy.
YUMMY! **blows kisses** Deborah

Andrea said...

Cori, that is so beautiful! I love pictures of cottages. I don't think I've every seen one so detailed. Thank you for sharing this. I hope you have a wonderful day in the Lord. God bless.

Andrea

Anonymous said...

What a dream!!!! I wonder what it would be like to live there... You almost expect a round front door...

Very Cute!! Thanks for sharing your day and discovery!!!

Just A Gal...

ellen b. said...

Oh that is fabulous and I'm glad it's in a setting with narrow streets! I've got to take a drive through this neighborhood soon :0)
Hope you have a great St. Patty's Day Cori G! Are you going to make corned beef? Oh and Katie is coming tomorrow for 6 days. I'm going to be busy....

Beverly said...

Oh my, Cory. That home is like something out of a fairy tale. It is gorgeous. I think you should go knock at the door, and request an inside tour. ;-)

Bernideen said...

Cory: Yes...I agree...it looks like a storybook house!

Just A Girl said...

Hi Ladies,
I hope you all had a fun St. Patty's Day and didn't indulge in too much green beer...yum!

Joanne you had asked about the cottage and it's whereabouts...I'm horrified to say I don't remember the street name, but I know it was on 3rd near Carol Park. And hubby flies RC Gliders. He used to fly "real planes" but had migraine issues so gave it up. It's a good thing too...he's directionally challenged :).
How's your Heritage Park volunteering going?

x0x0 Cori

One Shabby Old House said...

What a darling cottage. I have never ever seen a roof like that before. It is simply a masterpiece.
Hope all is well with you. Are you in school?
Hugs
Becky

Gone said...

What lovely roofs!! What lovely cottages!! They're gorgeous!!!

;-)

Gerushia's New World said...

Oh my goodness. What a charming cottage. OH how I envy the inhabitants! Is it in Long Beach? I'm at the Long Beach Fleamarket every Sunday. I drive in from the ever hot and dry Corona.

I found your blog through A Fanciful Twist.

Kim
Garden Painter Art

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

OMGOSH Cori, I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE THIS IS REAL. This cottage is iincredible, I wish you were able to get inside. I'm saving this one to put in my files. LOve it!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

What a wonderful cottage! Both the roof and the windows are so magical! Are the roofs wood shingles or ceramic? It's hard to tell.

I'd love to peak inside too!

Hugs, Pat