Monday, June 16, 2008

Fun Monday!

I was over at Ellen B.'s of the Happy Wonderer yesterday and noticed that she's participating in a "Fun Monday" that's being hosted by the Prytz family. So I asked if I could join. This Monday's topic is "Walls."
Or what's hanging on your walls. I've included some pics of what's hanging around my walls
(not including the Dust Bunnies at the base of the walls).
My first picture is a sign I painted years ago that hangs over the door to the back bathroom. It says, "Enter with a Happy Heart." I'm not sure why I didn't take a picture of the entire thing...oh well!

This is the little bathroom that the sign hangs over. It's the service porch bathroom and no one ever uses it so I thought if I painted it more people would be inclined to go in there.


This is another shot of the little bathroom. It has a Castle Wall theme.

A clock hanging in the guest room.

A Lovely Lady hanging in the hall way.


A needle point done by my grandmother that actually leans against the wall.

The Lady of Shallot. I think I need to redo the mantle.

A small mirror hanging in the dining room.That's it for my Fun Monday Wall Display.I hope you enjoyed it and if you have any suggestions for the sad mantle feel free to let me know :)

13 comments:

Jan said...

Welcome to Fun Monday. Nice seeing another Southern Californian. Love that you did your own decorative wall painting.

ellen b. said...

Love your walls. The needlepoint is so beautiful. You might try putting the white pot plants on the outer edges and putting the red candles where the white potted plants were. Maybe that would frame the area better. I love the mirror in your dining area with the ivy around it...

Unknown said...

I LOVE your bathroom! I would enter with a happy heart ofr sure! You are extremely talented!

Unknown said...

PS _ I love your header and side buttons!

Unknown said...

Your walls are so lovely! You've done a beautiful job painting!!

Molly said...

Thank you for the peek into your lovely home. The mural in the bathroom is delightful. You are very creative. Welcome to Fun Monday. I enjoyed the musical interlude too.

Jo Beaufoix said...

Wow, your bathroom is amazing, it must have taken an age to paint. Beautiful. And I love your fireplace with the Lady of Shallot above it. Welcome to Fun Monday. :D

ChrisB said...

Welcome to fun monday. I love the sign you painted and the bathroom is very prettily done, I'm surprised it's not used!

Unknown said...

How odd that you got a spam message on my site, I've never had anyone say that before (in 3+ yrs). I am moving sites so hopefully that won't happen again.

:)

Did I mention yesterday how much I love your painting skills? I keep looking at the mirror there that fits perfectly in the ivy border you made for it.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Cori, I am amazed at the castle wall trompe l'oeil you did for your bathroom! That deseved its own blog post -- you've been hiding you talent!

Thanks do much for entering my blog give away and fro your sweet comment -- I love your blogs too!

Hugs, Pat

Anonymous said...

Your walls are really beautiful, I love the music too

Sayre said...

I am in awe.

Robin said...

Yes. So true... your mantle does indeed need a redo. Perhaps it would look better in my home.

Love You,

Robin