Friday, June 13, 2008




When I bought my laptop I completely abandoned "the other computer." After all, this one is faster and I can sit on the couch and play with my photoshop instead of being confined to the office. I think there's nothing better for creativity than to have flexibility.

Last night as I was playing on the other computer I came across these pictures of my front yard garden pre-employment. Believe me when I say that I wish it looked like this now.

The first picture is of our Fairy Ring which is filled with David Austin English Roses. Before we planted the roses it looked similar to an alien landing pad with a circle in the center and spokes intersecting on four sides. Our neighbors must have thought we were nuts!

The second picture is of my beloved Opium Poppies. My husband was a little bit nervous about having such things in the front yard but, when he saw how they grew and opened up he was in complete awe of God's creativity. They are so beautiful to watch as they start with their heads down and as they begin to open their faces turn heaven ward.

The third picture is of my wisteria. It was so gorgeous that year and provided shade for both the office and the living room. I loved opening the front door in the cool of the evening and allowing it's heady scent to waft through the house.
One year later it died and all my neighbors were horrified but, after much nurturing and attention it's finally growing again.
The last picture is a close up of the birdhouse in the center of the Fairy Ring that I designed and my husband built. He even turned the little cap on the top.
I hope you enjoyed the little tour of my garden.

1 comment:

ellen b. said...

Absolutely beautiful Cori!
I hope that wisteria continues to revive...