Sunday, June 22, 2008

We have been dealing with debilitating heat that simply put "saps every bit of strength out of you." I suppose it wouldn't be too bad except for the fact that we don't have central air in our house so by the time we go to bed it's around 87-90 degrees in our kitchen. I know I shouldn't complain as there are people in this world who are suffering far worse conditions and situations.

In order to escape the heat Saturday evening, my sweet hubby and I headed for Downtown Disney.
I was amazed that there were so many people out, but they probably had the same idea as we did...GET OUT OF THE HOUSE! I decided that as I was wondering about I'd take some pictures. So here they are for all you who have never been to D.T.D.

If you would like to have a Fairy Tale wedding, Disney will gladly accommodate you. It may cost you an arm and a leg, but you get to walk (or limp) away with the beautiful memories. As my hubby and I turned down the corridor to the Grand California Hotel we were drawn into this beautiful window display. All the women were ooohhhhhing and aaawwwing and all the men were tugging at their sleeves to move on. My hubby, being the sweet man that he is, allowed me to linger as long as I wished. Oh...this was my favorite dress out of the three displayed.
Another breath taking look at the Disney Wedding display. Everything was so gorgeous and yummy!

AAAHHHH! The entrance to the swimming pool. How I longed to sneak in there for a little dip.
A lovely tree. During the Christmas season these are dripping with giant colorful lit orbs and the trunks are wrapped with little silver light. Very festive indeed!
Another window display inside the hotel. The interior of this one is covered in my favorite wall paper from my favorite wall paper company, Bradbury and Bradbury of Benicia CA. They specialize in Historic papers and adaptations. Any one in need of Victorian wallpaper should check them out.
This guy with his little alligator stands outside Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen. Have you even had alligator sausage? I have and didn't like it!
The little kitchen next door has the best Bignets!

I have always found this guy to be very strange. I won't comment any further.
Funky Disney architecture.
Speaks for itself.
Ice cream. That would have been so good!
This is the entrance to Downtown Disney. After 9-11 they put blockades all over the front.
This concludes our little walking tour.
Have a great day and stay cool.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I love that first dress too! A lady would feel like a Princess in it. :)

Looks like a good way to spend an afternoon. :)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Cori

I sympathize with you about the heat -- I don't have central air conditioning either. I have window air conditioners, but on really hot and humid days they don't cool off our house enough. I can't keep the computer running too long when it's very hot either.

I loved this tour! How much fun it must be to live near Disney land! I love the first wedding dress the best.

Hugs, Pat