Sunday, June 15, 2008



Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found favor in thy sight, show me now thy ways, that I may know thee and find favor in thy sight. Consider too that this nation is thy people.

Exodus 33:13

God gives us direction that is clear-cut and specific. He promises us, as He did Moses, "My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest." He leads His children today just as specifically and definitely as He led His people out of Egypt. How does this work? I've found that if I'm reading the scriptures, if I'm in fellowship with other Christians, if my prayer life is up-to-date-- all these factors enter into giving me guidance. God can speak to me through His people and His Word to show me His will. Sometimes circumstances indicate God's direction to me, too. When He closes a door, it's the height of foolishness for me to force my way through-even though I sometimes do it!
Taken from, "Today, Lord, I will."

No comments: