Saturday, July 5, 2008

Photo courtesy:
Columbia Pictures

One of the women from our church invited sweet hubby and I over to her house for the 4th where we had such a wonderful time. She has a daughter who's my age and was a gymnast growing up. I was one too. She also has an in ground trampoline that I got to jump on, but I had to be very careful not to jump too high as I had on a long dress with a petticoat underneath. It was so much fun!

Once the fireworks began we all went out front and watched the show. In the city where we live it's illegal to shoot off fireworks, but you can go over three blocks which is another city and buy them. It makes absolutely no sense to me, but then there was the time when an entire neighborhood went up in flames due to their shake roofs. They have since been outlawed in our city, but there are still homes that are adorned with the sweet little shakes, ours being one of those homes.

All in all we had a wonderful time and got to make some new friends which is always nice.

P.S. I still love Mel...he is after all only human. Maybe a little uninformed, but human.

2 comments:

ellen b. said...

Mel is great! :0)
Same thing here with fireworks. Can't burn them in my town but across the street you can...

Seawashed said...

Love Mel. We watched 'The Patriot' last night after a Patriotic Picnic we had with friends at our community park.