Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Tea Table

Saturday was our tea and I'm embarrassed to say that I have few pictures. We have a new employee who does photography on the side so I allowed her to do all the picture taking. I'm sure she did a beautiful job, but I haven't seen the pictures yet so these will have to do.
The above picture is my table with three layers of tablecloth and all my mix and match china pieces.

One of the other tables had these beautiful little nut cups with glass luncheon plates...ah! Be still my heart! Isn't the hand painting so delicate? Imagine it in person.

My poor flowers...by the time they arrived they had drooped.

This is my boss and one of my co-workers working away in the kitchen.

My bosses darling cousin from India... I LOVE HER! She came to work on Thursday and helped assemble our little tea menus. It was such a blessing to spend the day with her as she shared her life in India and how she came to know the Lord. By the end of the day I felt as if I had known her all my life and that we were dear friends who hadn't seen each other in years. I was so sad to see her go. When my boss came to work the next day I told her that I wanted to keep her cousin forever. She laughed and said that her cousin said (about me), "You are so lucky to have her. She is such a blessing" in her beautiful Indian accent. There is something so sweet and pure about Indian people and their faith in the Living God is such an inspiration... plus, they get to dress like Princesses everyday.

7 comments:

ellen b. said...

Oh Cori, your table looks fabulous. I love the 3 layers and all the mismatched china. Beautifully set and how beautiful the helpers are too! Blessings...

Gone said...

Hi Cori...

Everything looks beautiful. I love the menus and the helpers and everything!!!

I have one question...what was in the pretty little bags set at each place on the table?

~Blessings,
Jan

ps...I love Tea Parties...our next blog Tea Party is September 8th

La Tea Dah said...

I just discovered your blog -- and am so happy to meet you. I think we've met before, tho. Have we, Cori? Your blog is beautiful! Thank you for your link to Gracious Hospitality. I will add you to mine too!

Love
LaTeaDah

Kathy said...

What a fabulous tea! Your table was beautiful and your flowers perfect. What a sweet story about your bosses cousin. She looks very sweet in the picture and how wonderful that she could express her faith to you. A delightful post!
Kathy

Moorea said...

Oh, your table was absolutely beautiful! We used to have big Crisis
Pregnancy Teas up here in Nor Cal.
I miss those. You deserved the rest and being able to lounge in the comfy chair sounds like just the ticket.
TTFN, Moo

Tara said...

Cori

Your tea was a success! How swet! And you're right, they do get to dress like princesses everyday!

pam said...

That is a beautiful table. I inherited so many beautiful hand painted antique dishes and I don't really have a use for them. But they are so gorgeous I couldn't not take them.