Sunday, February 22, 2009


And the God of all grace, who called you to HIs eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will Himself restore you and make you strong, firm, and steadfast.

1 Peter 5:10

There are "blessings in tribulation." After I have gone through a season of suffering and can stand beyond it looking back, there should be a new light in my eye, a new glow in my face, a new gentleness in my touch, a new hope in my heart--and a new consecration in my life. I ought not to hang back in the shadows of sorrow; I must move out of them, radiant with the light of victory and peace, willing to step into a place of service and ministry. The comfort that God alone can give puts new joy in my step and gives me a new baptism of love and power.

Taken from the book, "Today, Lord, I Will"

4 comments:

ellen b. said...

I like that encouragement. Hope your Sunday is going well and not gloomy like this So. Cal. day we're having.
We're having our small group meeting here this afternoon so I decided to dust a little :0)
Blessings...

pam said...

How wonderful...I'm so thankful I've lived enough years with Him that I can see good through hard times in the past. Hope you have a grand week with Him!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Cori

Hope you had a pleasant and peaceful Sunday.

Hugs, Pat

Seawashed said...

Yes Cori the quotes on my post today are from a book called "Make Haste My Beloved" by Frances J. Roberts. She has many other wonderful devotional style books. I have purchased several of her books on CBD.