Saturday, February 28, 2009

When we put our heads together...



From left to right:
Lulu, Tallulah, Amber, Sarah N. Dipity, and Miss Alaineious...she's a bird.












My friend Amber opened an Etsy Shop selling sweet little crocheted beanies (do they still call them Beanies?) so my friend Kathie and I along with Amber and her two daughter's spent the morning painting our lovely Styrofoam heads. We had so much fun stressing out about lip colors, eye shapes, cheeks, and hair while Amber's youngest daughter Halley spent her time humming happily as she dabbed her bird girls head with bright colors.
The darling cloche above is one that Amber crocheted and felted. It fit so perfectly on my head I that I just had to buy it.

You can find her darling beanies at Tortuga Style. And yes! She's amazing with a crochet hook!

7 comments:

Joanne Kennedy said...

Those heads came out so cute. I think you guys should make them and sell them on Etsy. I'm sure you would have a hit on your hands.

Hugs,
Joanne

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful!!! I love them!!!

Wow!!!

Just A Gal..

ellen b. said...

Oh so cute! You all did a fabulous job of decorating!! Love the beanie, too. So where did you buy the styrofoam heads??

Anonymous said...

Ok I have been thinking about these since I saw them last night... How did you paint them... what type of paint... and where do you get them.... I have hats I would love to display... Ohhh a new Etsy shop in the making... Hmmmmmm you should think about it... :) I know you are very busy though..

Hugs!!!

Just A Gal...

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

The heads look so pretty, Cori!
A perfect way to display your friends hats. Good luck to he ron her ETSY store

I can not wear a hat as it crushes down my hair and then I have flat "hat head" all day ..lol I wear a loose scarf around my head instead.

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

The heads are absolutely great, I bet they were fun making them. I agree with the other bloggers comments, I think you wouldn't have a problem selling them. You can create so many different looks.

Have a Super Day Cori!!

ReminisceHeirlooms said...

Yes! You should sell them. They would be perfect for so many things.