Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Letter B Round 2


By night on my bed I sought the one I love;
I sought him, but I did not find him.
“ I will rise now,” I said,

“ And go about the city;
In the streets and in the squares
I will seek the one I love.”
I sought him, but I did not find him.
The watchmen who go about the city found me;
I said,

“ Have you seen the one I love?”
Scarcely had I passed by them,
When I found the one I love.
I held him and would not let him go,
Until I had brought him to the house of my mother,
And into the chamber of her who conceived me.

I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem,
By the gazelles or by the does of the field,
Do not stir up nor awaken love
Until it pleases.

Song of Solomon 3: 1-5


For more ABC's of the Word stop by Pam's blog Grey Like Snuffie and join us as we stir up God's Word in our hearts.

8 comments:

pam said...

I really would love to do a study of Song of Sol....thanks for sharing this one. It always stirs me up to read that book of the Bible. Hope you have a grand day with Him Cori!

ellen b. said...

Good morning Cori! I'm pondering this part of the passage..."Do not stir up nor awaken love
Until it pleases".
Have a great Thursday...looks like it will be a beautiful day here.

Tealady said...

Hi Cori, this is such a wonderful post, especially for February -- the month of love. I have enjoyed scrolling through your beautiful blog and catching up with your posts since the last time I visited you. You have a lovely blog.

Thanks, Lana

Andrea said...

This scripture really touches my heart. It's so easy to get wrapped up in life and neglect the most important person of all, the Lord Himself. Our souls must cry out for HIm. Thanks for this post.

Seawashed said...

This is so me...I love Song of Solomon. Have you ever heard the worship leader Misty Edwards? She sings out of this. When I lived in MO. I would go to the Int. House of Prayer and she would be on the piano, playing, crying, and singing out of the Word. So beautiful. In one song she would sing over and over "I want to sing the song of the Shulamite, let me sing the song of the Shulamite..." She would sing out of the deep recesses of her heart, so passionately, my heart would just yearn along with her for Him.

Yes...look me up on facebook. I do want to be on it more than once a week. I will look for you too! So we can be friends!

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

Be still my heart... Isn't it just beyond beautiful?? And with your music... ahhhh.... bliss is truly alive and well with you, here ;) xoxo

Peggy said...

Beautiful words of LOVE from Our Beloved! Blessings Cori & thank you for sharing from the Song of Solomon! Be blessed & behold Him in all His beauty & glory!

Gone said...

Lovely, Cori...just lovely!!!