Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Most Peculiar Day

Picture courtesy: Scott Gustafson

This has been a truly peculiar morning indeed. I had a dental appointment at 8:00 am (what WAS I thinking?) so I asked Hubby to wake me on his way out at 5:00. He tip toed in the room, kissed me on the head, and whispered in my ear, "GET OUT OF BED!" So I rolled over and slept until 6:00.

Have I ever told you that mornings are my favorite time of day? I love spending quiet time with my thoughts when the cottage is silent and the puppies long to be curled up in a blanket on my lap. I'm one of those girls who could spend days and days alone and think nothing of it. Anyway, back to my peculiar morning even though it's now evening.

I like to sip two cups of coffee each morning that are really equivalent to five, but decided that may not be the wisest thing to do since I was going to be in the dentist chair with who knows what kind of instruments dangling from my mouth and for how long. So I only enjoyed the one that was equal to 2-1/2.

I left the house with only minutes to spare and headed for the fwy., but as I was driving I noticed a peculiar symbol on the dash of my little orange Pumpkin Coach. "That wasn't there before." I pondered where it had come from and what it might mean. I continued on my way hoping the orange light would stop glaring at me from behind the steering wheel.
It continued to glare...I continued to ignore it until the thought occurred to me, "what if something bad happens, after all, it does have one of those exclamation point thingies as part of its symbol." So I decided to deal with it once I got to my appointment.

I pulled into the parking lot 5 minutes early, grabbed my manual, and went into the office. The receptionist gave me a glance and asked, "can I help you?" with a peculiar look on her face. "I have an appointment at 8:00 am?" "You do?" "I do!" She looked on her schedule and saw that my appointment wasn't until the following Tuesday. I was one day late and a whole week early so I got back inside my pumpkin coach and decided to read the manual before pulling out into the street. Apparently I had a slow leak in my brand new tire. I have the worst luck with tires! Off I went to check the tire pressure and sure enough I was 10 psi's short of a full tire. That auto shop class sure did come in handy. I know how to work a tire gauge.

I had half an hour before I needed to be at work so I treated myself to a steaming cup of coffee from the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf...so delicious and hot!

I spent the rest of the day thinking it was Tuesday and tomorrow is Wednesday when it's really Thursday! I AM SO CONFUSED!!!

3 comments:

ellen b. said...

Oh girl! Welcome to my world. Too bad you still have that dentist appointment to look forward to. It would have been better if they had said. Cori dear you were here last week and we already have you all taken care of...
Glad it was just tire pressure and not engine trouble!!

pam said...

Oh glory, somehow I missed a few days of your posts...so glad I got to read this one. LOL Now I'm confused...but wait, that really isn't new. Glad you didn't get stuck somewhere on the freeway.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

LOL! Glad it all turned out well in the end! My daughter's new honda civic had a slow leak in the back tire too! Strange coincidence?
She brought it in to the dealer and they fixed it for free.
Hmmmmm.