Sunday, February 8, 2009


The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Psalm 27:1

Darkness is the Father of fear--and light dispels it. Jesus Christ came as the "light of the world" and in the face of this fact, how can I be fearful? The Revised Standard Version has, "The Lord is the stronghold of my life," and that speaks to me of His ability to protect and watch over me. Psalm 62:2 says, "He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress, I shall not be greatly moved" (RSV).
In Christ I have light to dispel my darkness and strength to replace my weakness. What more could I ask? Why am I still fearful and weak in my witness and my walk?

Taken from the Book: "Today, Lord, I Will"

My thoughts:
When I came to the last line and read the words there I sat and thought about them for a minute. God created us to be in fellowship with Him and other believers. He also created us to be witnesses of what He's done in our lives and those around us.

We are people who want to love and be loved.

I know that in my own life I've had times when I knew I should share but didn't for fear of what someone might think of me, for fear of not being liked or unaccepted, or for fear of someone labeling me as one of those crazy Christians. But God's word tells us that there is no darkness in Him and if we are in Him then we shouldn't fear what others may think. In the end His opinion is the only one that matters and if we are in Him then we are accepted...loved...forgiven...free...His hearts desire...the apple of His eye...and engraved in the palm of His hands.

6 comments:

Cottage Rose said...

Hello Cori; I just love this post, I have felt the same, but the Lord showed how to let my light shine through not matter who or what was thought of or said. Bravo.and Amen

Hugs;
Alaura

pam said...

It is a crazy thing...this desire to be loved, yet we do hold a Truth of real Love that we can share...hmmmm. I think it takes much prayer to be ready for those moments and we just don't think that way very often.

Deanna said...

Cori,
what a nice post. You gave me something to think about.
You know, there will always be people who are drawn to others who speak of their feelings and love for our Lord. And you are right....I know that some people are a rather apprehensive about mentioning anything having to do with religion, faith...etc. but I feel that they should not worry about not being accepted by others. Only good, follow good. It is only His opinion that will matter in the end. And there will always be people, such as myself, who will always be grateful that someone like you has a gift for writing and a gift for gathering tender hearts to her blog.

Deanna

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Always wonderful to read your spiritual interpretations of scripture, Cori.

Have a good week my friend!

Hugs, Pat

Tara said...

Hi Cori

I was sooooooooooo busy
last week at work I did not get to post anything------hope you are well!

:0)
Tara

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post....

Your heart is wonderful!

Have a wonderful and blessed day!

Just A Gal...