Thursday, February 12, 2009

A is for Apple


Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said to the woman, “Has God indeed said, ‘You shall not eat of every tree of the garden’?”

And the woman said to the serpent, “We may eat the fruit of the trees of the garden; but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, ‘You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.’”

Then the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die. For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

Genesis 3: 1-5

Good morning Ladies,

Again I am late in getting my post up. I thought today was Wednesday :0. And I do realize that I'm stretching the A a tad bit and I'm sure we all know it wasn't an apple that Eve ate. But I've been stuck on this thought for two weeks now and thought it would be fun to see what you all thought.

THE SERPENT SPOKE TO THE WOMAN.

I was listening to Brian Broderson the other day and a woman called in who had just lost her beloved pet and the question was, "will our pets be in heaven?" Brian went on to explain his thoughts and then brought up C.S. Lewis who believed that all the animals in the garden of Eden spoke with Adam and Eve. They had voices and the ability to reason and think for themselves. Then he went on to talk about the scripture where the trees are clapping their hands or branches if you prefer.

My question is, "Do you believe the animals had audible voices? The serpent did speak to Eve did he not? Of course it has nothing to do with salvation but I find it to be an interesting thought.

8 comments:

pam said...

Interesting, someone on another blog somewhere had a child just ask them the same question. As BIG as my God is...I like to think that all sorts of things we can't imagine are possible. pondering that one....

pam said...

I forgot... :) Thank you for joining in the ABC's. It has really been used by God in my life. I really am very grateful on a selfish level for all who jump in each week.

ellen b. said...

Interesting indeed! Didn't Balaam's Donkey speak to him, too? Nice conversation topic for dinner tonight :0) I'm late this morning, too.

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Why couldn't they-ANYTHING is possible with our God. Maybe everything will speak it's own language in heaven and we will all be brillent enough to understand it! What a cool thought!

In His Graces~Pamela

ps-love the music!!

Tealady said...

Oh yes, I would love to know if our pets are in Heaven, too. We know from passages in Revelation that animals are there because of the horsemen who come from Heaven. But are they new animals or "resurrected" animals?

As far as animals speaking, my kitty has given me what for ever since I took her to the vet this morning. LOL We don't have to speak the same language in order to communicate. She got her meaning across loud and clear.

Mercy, grace and peace to you, Lana

Tara said...

Hi Cori
Yes

I think the serpent spoke Eve...

Carol said...

Hi Cori,

I'm new to your blog and the ABC's and I linked over from Pams.

My 9 year old ask this all the time, if our dog Nakita will be in heaven with us, and will she finally get to talk.

I do believe that God will restore all His creatures. I'm not sure how or in what way.

This would be a good topic to study with my daughter, thanks for the inspiration.

Carol:)

Joanne Kennedy said...

I don't believe they spoke in the same language as humans. But I do know that my dog understands what I say a lot of the time. He knows several words and I understand his different barks.

So yes they did and can speak to humans.

I believe 100% that animals will be in heaven. It wouldn't be heaven without them.

I believe that animals were and are very important to God. Look how He made sure they would survive when He had Noah build the ark. I think if they were/are that important to God then He will and does make sure they go to Heaven.

Hugs,
Joanne