Monday, February 2, 2009

Jeune Dame De La Croix



I've been searching for this sweet little lady since last year and at last, I have found her! I was beginning to think I never would, but Sunday after church I went looking for something else and headed to one of my favorite stalls and there she was. Standing right in the middle of all the candle stands and light fixtures. She looked a little out of place, but then I realized she was waiting for me and knew exactly where I'd be. She had just been brought in by the seller and was priced at 2/3 less than most of her sisters.



When I brought her home she informed me that she went by the name "Jeune Dame De La Croix" and that her favorite color was emerald green. She had a mischievous twinkle in her eye when she spied all my ribbons and baubles. "If you'd like I could watch over those for you!" How could I say "no." So there she stands proudly in the corner with my green velvet sash stylishly wrapped around her girlish waist and my ribbons about her slender neck.



"Oh yes," she said as she eyed my bracelet nestled in the floral plate. "I'll wear that too if it pleases you." Again, how could I say, "no." "OH !... that lovely lace collar will go perfect with my creamy skin tones" she went on and on and on. I was beginning to think she was going to go through my wardrobe to see if there was anything there that ticked her fancy.



And to think, we were born the same year, yet she seems far more sophisticated then I will ever be. And far more demanding!



Why if it weren't for the fact that she has no head I believe she would convince me that my tea party hat is in fact her own. It is emerald green..her favorite color...good thing it's not Pink or she'd have nothing to wear!

Do I regret bringing her into my home? Not in the least!

12 comments:

Tara said...

She's great! Ah, if only she did dishes!!

ellen b. said...

Oh what fun! Dear has me on the look out for a "head"? form so he can put his Irish walking wool hat on it :0)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hello Cori,

Jeune Dame De La Croix is stunning, and I'm sure it has been so worth the wait to find her! I know you will enjoy her company and her counsel on all that is beautiful.

Hugs, Pat

pam said...

How wonderful! And I LOVE that hat!

Kathy said...

Ah, she is sooooo pretty! A lucky girl to find such a beautiful green ribbon and tea party hat!

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

You know I wouldn't mind having one of these. It would be fun to dress her in different things once in awhile. She looks Great!

Anonymous said...

I have one too.. isn't it fun... I have a petticoat on mine and use it for sewing projects... But I love the way you have your dollied up!!!!
Have a Great Day...
Just A Gal...

Robin said...

No, no, no!! She is not more demanding. Nope...

Bernideen said...

Lots of fun here!

Just A Girl said...

So Robin am I to believe that you think me the more demanding of the two? Well, I just don't even know what to say to that...tee hee!

Moorea said...

What lucky ladies- to have found each other- you are kindred spirits!
Ann of Green gables would agree.
Have fun sharing secrets!
p.s. Tiny living rooms ARE a challenge! :o)
~Mo

Beverly said...

She is a rare beauty, and I do believe the two of you are destiny.

Now, you be sure to keep her under control.